Now that Star Wars Weekends of 2013 has come and gone, I can give a review of my thoughts on the annual May/June event. Okay so I have been hearing about Star Wars Weekends for years. This year I finally had a chance to go. While it wasn’t the most awesome thing ever, it was pretty entertaining and worth the trip.
The awesome parts:
– The 501st Parade/ Celebrity Cavalcade is unbelievable. The people marching in the parade actually make their own costumes and gear. Very talented people. My hat is off to all of you.
– Hyperspace Hoopla was a can’t miss. I’m a fan of Star Wars enough where I don’t freak out that Darth Vader is jammin’ with Chewy. I heard people have a bitch fit because of this. Really? It’s fun and entertaining.
– D Tech Me… My face will now be imposed on a body of a Stormtrooper…how cool is that?
– Cast Members were excellent from the lady at D Tech who let me “join” (i.e. cut) my party in line to the guy who could read my name in Aurebesh on my name tag, the cast was top notch and made the whole weekend great.
The not so good:
– Darth Mall… OMG, Holy Schnikes what a cluster! I waited in line for three hours just to get in. What I didn’t know was there was another line just to see the limited edition merchandise (another 2-3hours) and another line (1 hour) to pay. Total fail on Disney’s part. I completely wasted a whole day in line. Why can’t there be FastPasses for that? Tip: Go at night and you can walk right in.
– Some of the merchandise advertised was not available. Don’t have stuff in a glass case by the line if it’s not on the floor for purchase. I’m talking the Lightning McQueen as Luke Skywalker. Yes, I had a hussy fit about this… like a two year old.
– Character meet and greets were just kinda haphazardly spread all over the park. I wanted a pic with Stormtrooper Donald and failed because the lines were incredibly long.
– Darth Peanut Butter Cupcake was just okay. Nothing too special.
It was a great time. I don’t know if I would make another special trip out there. Okay yes if there’s a D Tech Jedi Me next year. I’ll be the first in line..