A million voices cried out with joy when Disney Cruise Lines announced that on select days, you can join your favorite SW characters for a day filled with fun and the Force. Starting early 2016, guests will be able to enjoy exclusive events that will mark the first time any SW characters have been on-board the Disney Cruise Lines. Star Wars Day is only available for the 7-Night Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy.
Sail dates include:
- January 9
- January 23
- February 6
- February 20
- March 5
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
According to StarWars.com:
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, stormtroopers, and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. Guests also are encouraged to dress up in their own stellar costumes.
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Padawans to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
- Guests can watch the first six Star Wars films.
- Also showing will be episodes of the hit animated series Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans, and sign autographs.
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing, and games.
- Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars saga in a show featuring special effects and guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers, and Star Wars.
Disney’s official site is also claiming that the cruise will be the “only at-sea screenings of Episode VII, this event will thrill Padawans (Jedi in training) and Jedi Masters in every family. It is … your destiny.”
The Fantasy will depart from Port Canaveral and includes stops in Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.