The “Indiana Jones” inspired lounge Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar is set to open on September 22nd in the Landing Area of Disney Springs.
Of course what is a new Disney establishment without a good story? The background on the bar includes the tale from Walt Disney Imagineering.
“Jock made a home at this waterfront property in the 1940s after discovering this charming little town while flying Indiana Jones over the Sunshine State in search of the elusive Fountain of Youth in 1938. As a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, Jock often welcomed his globetrotting friends to his hangar for a drink and fun times.”
The aviation themed bar will feature waterfront dining, plenty of mementos from the film and of course, Reggie permanently dry docked on the waterfront. The establishment will be able to hold 150 guest and is located between Paradiso 37 and the Boathouse. The menu will feature specialty drinks and food themed to Jock’s adventures around the world.
Among some of the offerings:
- Dr. Elsa’s She-Deviled Eggs – brined in beet juice with lump crab filling
- “Good” Dates – goat cheese-stuffed dates with Marcona almonds and pickled veggies
- Snack of Ra – a taste of Africa with salads and dips served with injera (bread) and naan crisps
- Tanis Tacos – filled with falafel, shredded lettuce and cucumber-tomato salad
- Air Pirates Everything Pretzels with house-made mustard and beer-cheese fondue
- Rolling Boulder Sliders with three spice meatballs on mini-buns with yogurt sauce
- Brody Brats – grilled bratwurst with mustard and pickled cabbage
- Lao Che’s Revenge – spicy Asian wings
- Squid! Why’d It Have to Be Squid – fried calamari flatbread with spicy harissa
In addition to beer and wine, specialty beverages will include;
- Reggie’s Revenge and The Fountain of Youth featuring Florida vodkas
- Hovito Mojito and The Bitter Barkeep with Peruvian Pisco
- Anything Goes with an Asian spirit that packs a little heat
- The Aviator’s Flight and The Scottish Professor and Cool-headed Monkey with African spirits
Plenty to see and enjoy in the new “downtown” area. September looks to be a busy month for the former Downtown Disney as it transforms into Disney Springs. Morimoto Asia is expected to open its doors on September 30th.